Sometimes a person is experiencing pleasure from pain. Spicy foods are an example of this - some can be so hot that it literally hurts man. However, spicy dishes or highly pungent are preferred by millions of people. One theory is that this is just for the thrill and competition between body and mind. Another theory is that spicy foods are good for health. Whether this is true and can spicy food cause health problems?
Health benefits as a result of eating spicy foods:
1. Weight loss. Seasoning, especially with spicy will make every dish tastier. This way you will be able to stick more easily to your eating plan for weight loss. In addition to that spicy foods boost metabolism. Studies have shown that the parent compound in chili peppers called capsaicin has a warming effect and causes the body to burn more calories.
2. Healthy heart. Studies show that in countries that eat more spicy foods have a lower incidence of heart attack and stroke. It is believed that hot peppers can reduce adverse effects on LDL and capsaicin to combat inflammation, which is a risk factor for heart disease.
3. Prevention of cancer. According to the American Association for Cancer Research the capsaicin has the ability to kill certain types of cancer and leukemia cells. Turmeric example, can slow the spread of cancer and the growth of tumors. The combination of turmeric with black pepper is even harder.
4. Decreasing the blood pressure. Vitamins A and C strengthen the walls of the heart muscle and the heat of hot foods increases blood flow throughout the body. All this favors for a strong cardiovascular system.
5. More happiness. Spicy foods increase the production of hormones for which the person feels better. Such hormone serotonin, which helps to alleviate depression and stress.
Negative effects of eating spicy food on health:
1. Gastrointestinal effects. Spicy foods affect most mouth, stomach and intestines. Feeling of burning in the mouth and stomach when you eat spicy food is only apparent. The capsaicin in hot peppers releases a compound that actually gives the sensation of pain and burning. Spicy foods can form ulcers in the stomach, but can worsen the condition. Drinking water can not "put out" fires feel because peppers contain oils that are difficult to dissolve in water. Therefore, in case of need better try to drink a glass of milk.
2. Effects on the skin. If the peppers are very spicy, this can damage the skin of your hands and cause a rash. Wear gloves when cutting chili peppers, then necessarily wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water.
3. Effect on the eyes. If you touch your eyes after touching a hot pepper, it can cause severe pain. Even the steam of cooked spicy peppers can cause a reaction in some people.