Great figure is a combination of two things - sports and a healthy balanced diet. There are foods and supplements recommended for a person to consume before a workout because it gives a boost of energy and improve focus. On the other hand, there are some products that are bad on both - health and on the figure. Precisely should avoid them after sport because otherwise you ruin all your efforts. Here is what are forbidden foods after a workout:
1. All kinds of salty snacks. It is not unusual to feel the need for something salty after a workout. While you do exercise your body releases nutrients along with sweat (including potassium). Instead of salty snacks, eat a banana or a few pieces of dried fruit. Bananas are known for their high potassium content, and definitely a much healthier alternative.
2. Sweets and fizzy drinks. There is no greater mistake than that after a workout to consume sugar-containing foods or drinking carbonated beverages. Sugar is known for its long-term effects on the body, one of which is to slow down the metabolism. Your metabolism plays an important role in the process of losing weight - the faster it is, the quicker you will reach your desired weight. Sodas themselves are harmful because they swell up the abdomen.
3. Fatty foods. Avoid foods with more fats such as french fries, for example, as well as fast food. Remember that you exercise because you want to reduce the total fat in your body rather than increase them. At the same time your body needs to produce more glycogen - important substance, stored in the muscles and liver.
4. Raw vegetables. Although raw fruits and vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet, it is important not to focus only on them. During a workout your body uses almost all of its energy and burns a significant amount of calories. Raw vegetables will not be able to recover all the lost nutrients that your body needs.
5. Confectionery. Although the cakes will fill you up for longer, they are definitely not a good choice for your post workout meal. Your body needs high-quality carbohydrates to restore glycogen lost during exercise. Also confections are not reliable and healthy source of nutrients.