Main muscles performing the movement: Triceps
Other muscles involved in movement: Chest, shoulders
Equipment and facilities: None
METHOD OF PERFORMANCE
- Stand in the position of the central foothold (front plank) with palms vertically arranged under your shoulders.
- For more stability, place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Tighten all the muscles in the torso, so to keep the spine straight while you descend. Start the movement down.
- While descend, keep your elbows close to your body and shoulders motionless.
- Stop descent when your elbows are raised slightly above the back.
- Hold, start raising and seeks not to offset the shoulders up towards the ears or to separate your shoulders or arch your back to arc.